Sunday, November 18, 2007

"And keep your eyes wide, the chance won´t come again..."

*
And now comes the blog that everyone has been waiting for...
*
The times they are a changing in the life of Hildur Sólveig. A new leaf has been turned and personally everything is upside down, inside out or a different color all in all. Which isn´t a strange feeling once I describe the events of last week.

On Thursday last week I decided, alone in my apartment, that I did not want to continue studying law. WOW. Now, I know many of you will think, "Hildur, it´s only 2 more years" and to my defense I will say "2 more years of self pity, unhappiness and going with the flow just to go with the flow...". I for one, am not like that and will choose happiness and a path with which I believe has a meaning for me. So the following day, Friday, I signed myself out of two courses and was therefore officially done with school. And now comes the but. BUT, I have not quit school all together. No, no, no, this little dove isn´t finished yet. Next fall I will study Polar Law at the University of Akureyri. and get my ML (Masters in Law) in Polar Law, and then I will continue my battle to change the world. Yes, change it.

Now, what will I do since I don´t have a purpose anymore, since I am no longer the law student that I have been for 3 1/2 years, now that I am no longer going to school every day and studying (or worrying about not studying) every breathing moment? I will do what every stable, clever, and well-rounded person does. MOVE TO THE WEST-FJORDS!! Hahahahaha! Yes ladies and gentlemen, the dove is turning into a swan and spreading her wings in the west-fjords. My beautiful home away from home away from home, or maybe just home away from home since I no longer live in Akureyri, but I think the 3 homes is more correct. Yaddíyaddí. Tomorrow or the next I will tell you all what profession I will have there. Those of you who know me can guess... or not, do as you please ;)

Ok, so, quitting (check), polar law (check), Suðureyri (check)... ah yes, I am going to the States tomorrow!!!! MY "HOME"!!!! I cannot wait. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it! wíííííí!!! Sooooo, all in all, I think my "big news" is then all in the open.

Changes are good. This is a huge change for me and I´m soooooo excited! Just had to put that in there!

WISH ME LUCK!

-HsE- aka EsH (to continue the "change" theme)

*
"The times they are a-changing" -Bob Dylan

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Ég hef það sterkt á tilfinningunni að þú sért alveg að gera rétta hluti og taka rétta ákvörðun :) Njóttu þess bara

  2. Unknown said...

    "and then I will continue my battle to change the world. Yes, change it."

    Yeah! I hope you start to change the people here in Iceland. I feel terrible every time I throw something in the garbages without sorting it and watching them leaving the car on idle for 10minutes while their doing other stuff and soo on..