Tuesday, September 23, 2008

blog... don´t study...

Howdie howdie!
So... the ever so consistent blogger is at it again. So, the Polar Law study is going well, we have completed two courses, international environmental law being one of them. I was really looking forward to that course and it did not let me down. Very pleased with the teacher, very pleased with the material and very pleased with my classmates! What more can I ask for??

At the moment I am in Suðureyri and I will be here for several days. I will go back to Akureyri sometime in the beginning of October. It is always grand to see my grandparents, Bjarni, family and the beautiful fjörd. Everytime I take a walk I appreciate the nature more and more. I love this place.

So... some interesting links that I would like people to look at:

1) This, is a little movie clip about what happens to our... well... stuff after and before we buy it. What would happen if we would think twice before we buy e.g. food and other goods? Instead of buying chicken wrapped up in plastic and styrofoam, we would just take our tupperware to the grocery store and have them put the chicken in that. Why not? Same with vegetables that we buy... skip the little bag that we put them in and put them in some clothe bag. Now I´m not saying that I do these things... hopefully sometime in the near future I will do this... but what if we were encouraged to do this either by the government, some organization or group. Maybe this is done elsewhere but not in Iceland and I think we should stop our spending and materialistic ways and start doing the things that really make us happy.

2) Trixy pictures and some other pictures... taken straight from my Facebook album: here and here

Well... I´m only going to give you all those two links. Hopefully I´ll blog consistently so that you all will actually have fun when you drop by!

-STOP TRASHING AND RECYCLE-

HsE

0 comments :