Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gullible or just so completely rational?

I´m thinking about taking a ceramics class here in Akureyri. It´s 2 x a week from 19:00-22:00, for 3 weeks. I´ve always been quite a sucker for ceramics classes and ever since my ceramics class in high school I´ve been longing to play on the wheel again. I mean, making beautiful sculptures and bowls that collect dust in your mothers cabinets... the perfect present! ;)

However, whenever I think of "throwing on the wheel" I always get to thinking about Ghost. Yes, Ghost, the movie with Patrick Swazye and Demi Moore. I wonder, how many girls and women have tried the wheel because of that movie? I bet tons think it´s oh so romantic and let the movie completely influence their decision to throw some clay. (I use the term "throw" because, if my memory serves me correctly, throw is the correct term for working with clay on the wheel) That´s why I´m doing it... it´s been a while since my ghost held me oh so tightly... the damn clays fault!!

AND Yes I have another example. Take Dirty Dancing. What girl didn´t dream about going with her family to some lame ass resort where she would meet the man of her dreams and sneak out in the middle of the night to go dance with... oh yet again, Patrick Swazye?!? And do "the lift" in the nearby river? And you know every girl wanted to learn the Samba after watching Dirty Dancing.


Maybe Patrick Swayze has that affect on us. Maybe we´re just gullible. Who knows.

-HsE-

A man is not the reason for our decisions, but can have a hell of a lot of influence.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Þú ert með þetta alveg á hreinu hvernig draumur margra stúlkna er eða hefur verið elsku Hildur mín. Aldrei að vita nema maður athugi hvort það sé eitthvað keramík námskeið hérna í Árósum og upplifi draugagang hehe.