Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What´s in a name?

I got to thinking about names today. Some of us have many names while some of us only have a few. I for example have quite a lot of names, some that I am proud of, some that I am not so proud of. Nevertheless, they would be considered my names. The reason this has popped up is due to the fact that I only write Hildur Sólveig on facebook because those in the States know me as Einarsson, while those in Iceland know me as Elvarsdóttir. Not a double personality, nothing to do with the CIA, just a quick adjustment my family decided to make so that the entire family would have the same last name in the USA. Sounds pretty logical, except for the fact that now I cannot write my full name because then people will not know if it´s me or, well, not me.

Therefore I got to thinking about names, my nicknames and I thought I would write them down. Enjoy.
Hildur Sólveig Elvarsdóttir, Hildur Solveig Einarsson, Hildy, Hil, Hitler, Helter Skelter, Hilla, Hidda Bidda, Pumpkin, Soccer Ball Head, Freckles, Hildur, Sólveig and last but not least, Haulder.

-hSe-

Isn´t it strange having someone look like you?

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Bara aftur komin í blog heima ;-) Velkomin aftur sæta!
    Góða skemmtun á sveitaballi... alltaf gaman að fara á svoleiðis.
    Knús í krús,
    Friðdóra stórasys

  2. Lilja said...

    Velkomin aftur. I missed u... Er farin að telja niður í Laufskálaréttir. Mikið djö... verður nú gaman ;)
    Sí jú then.

  3. Dagný Rut said...

    Hva... afhverju skrifaðiru ekki Hilla Pilla eins og ég kalla þig gjarnan?? Finnst þér það ekki fallegt??? Djísús!

  4. Hildur Sólveig said...

    Já, ég er víst komin aftur... og vonandi verð ég nú dugleg að blogga í vetur ;) En já Lilja, ég held meira að segja að við fáum okkur smá freiðivík þegar við förum í réttir. Svo fékk ég einmitt boð um að taka þátt í réttunum. Þetta verður ÆÐI. Dagný, dísus kræstus, ég skil ekki hvernig ég gleymdi Pilla þarna eftir Hilla. Einhverjir vírar greinilega að krossa saman... EN TAKK FYRIR AÐ COMMENT-A GOTT FÓLK!