Sunday, July 02, 2006

the fun times... the fun times...



Well... I have become the unlucky charm. For some reason, all the teams I want to win... LOSE! I think some greater soccer force is trying to tell me to stop watching the games and go on with my regular exciting life. But that's bullocks! Germany has to pull through now... and I will be there watching and cheering until they do!
So I watched the games yesterday... what a tragedy! First, England loses... second, BRAZIL LOSES! What is up with that? I was not a happy camper after the game, I will tell ya! By the way, the bar where I watched the game was packed! Seriously... I had to watch the game downstairs and there... people ended up sitting on the floor! It was an all right mixture of Brazil and France supporters though... so there was some cheering by the end of the game.
So last night I met up with the au pair girls... and that was crazy fun. We ended up grilling, drinking, hanging out and talking about who we know in Iceland, because for some reason everyone in Iceland know somebody that you know. Then we ended up going downtown and going to the "icelandic bar" as some call it. Actually, it's a bar where they sell VÍKING beer... but at one of the bars there was an Icelandic flag hanging outside. I'm definitely going to have to go there again.
Hmm... well lets see, I didn't make any guy cry this time, wasn't told that I was a horrible dancer, didn't get asked to go to the basement with Raul... I would say it was a very successful night! Wouldn't you?!? But I will tell you, we did end up getting talked to by this guy, who was VERY interested in Iceland and us, and then I made some comment on why him and his friend were sitting together (some gay comment) and then this guy COMPLETELY cracked up and HIS LAUGH was TERRIBLE!!! I swear, I can't even explain it... it was like a donkey, monkey, whale kind of mix... HALLARIOUS! I swear, when he started laughing, I though I was about to die... seriously, I though I was going to fall into a laughing spree... but thank God that only lasted a short time, because this guy would've killed me with his laugh. DAMN, I think that was the funnest part of the night. Oh no, wait wait wait... when we were waiting for the metro when we were going home, this guy was sitting beside us and literally waited like 15 minutes to ask where we were from. He was like all trying to listen to us, and it was just so funny. And we thought it was so funny so we laughed and laughed and laughed!! hahaha. Then I made shunned a guy who rooted for France... poor kid. Hahaha, seriously, he was probably like 17! AHAHAH! Well, you're not supposed to root for the wrong team!

the not so nice,

-H.s.E.-

0 comments :